Udaipur popularly known as City of Lakes is most scenic and picturesque city in Rajasthan , India.
James bond movie Octopussy was shot here. This city has touristy vibe to it. With many lakes, Palaces, museums, temples to discover. As per special itinerary here is my take on top 5 things to do in Udaipur.
1. City Palace, Lake Pichola - huge complex at the banks of lake Pichola. It gives most beautiful view of Lake Pichola. The palace complex has Palaces,museum, restaurant, etc. The architecture of the palace is beautiful worth the visit. It's better to visit City Palace in the morning to avoid the afternoon heat.
2. Vintage Car museum - are you big fan of vintage cars? then head out to vintage car museum. This place has good collection of vintage cars of the royals. The entry fee is reasonable, not at all crowded. One can click pictures.
3. Jag Mandir, Lake Pichola - if one is adventurous enough to take boat ride to this beautiful Jag Mandir Island Palace. It's got elephant structure, black marble temple structure, beautiful paintings. One can just sit at the cafe, enjoy the view of the lake and have a gala time.
4. Fateh Sagar Lake - go here in the evening and have a walk. In addition to the lights at the lake, one can enjoy local delicacies at the numerous food joints available overlooking the lake. It's mostly popular with the locals.
5. Jagdish Misthan Bhandar- if you are foodie one must plan a visit to JMB outlet located at city center for authentic Indian sweets like jalebi, imrati and savoury snacks like onion kachori, mirchi vada.